Wednesday, January 18, 2012

beading bracelets

Hosanna did a couple posts on beaded bracelets (here & here) on thecraftsdept blog and I was eager to try some of the tutorials myself. There is a superb how-to (here) that solve the mystery of how to secure a strand of beads between two pieces of cord. 
It takes about five beads into your first bracelet to master the process. 
Tip: the larger the bead's hole the easier, so begin with a medium size bead. 
I used Swarovski rondelle crystal beads with silk beading thread that conveniently has a beading needle attached. You can basically use any type cording, to sandwich the beads between, that you prefer and use that pretty vintage pearl button you've been saving as the toggle clasp.
Okay, now get started!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, that's pretty cool! I wonder if you could do this technique with several graduated tiers together on a necklace, I may have to try it out. I tutorial is really great. Thanks for linking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing :)

    http://haideeandco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete